Self Assessment Tax Returns

A tax return is a form on which you must give details of your income and expenses, if asked to do so by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). The tax return is then used to calculate the amount of tax that you are due to pay.

If you fall into any of these categories, you may need to submit a Self Assessment Tax Return form:

  • Are a company director
  • Have taxable benefits (P11D from your employer)
  • Are Self Employed (including CIS card holders)
  • Receive offshore / foreign income
  • Own UK rental property
  • Made capital gains over £8,800
  • Corporation Tax Self Assessment

Companies are required to file a corporation tax return (form CT600) together with supplementary pages (if appropriate) and full accounts and computations with the Inland Revenue. Deadlines apply to the filing of CTSA returns and the payment of corporation tax.

Penalties apply for late submission of the return of £100 if it is up to three months late and £200 if the return is over three months late. Additional tax geared penalties apply when the return is either six or twelve months late.

We can prepare tax returns in a timely and efficient manner. We will also calculate your company's tax liability and assist with the calculation of any quarterly instalment payments.